mardi 8 décembre 2015

Hoisin prawns (Slimming World friendly)

  

Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com



 

This recipe came about when I had a few leftover peppers and luckily got some reduced raw king prawns in ASDA , Well they say necessity is the mother of invention....

I love Chinese food and I think hoisin sauce goes really well with seafood, I buy my Chinese sauces either online or at Chinese supermarkets but most supermarkets sell it now but don't buy ones labelled as 'stir fry' sauces they are highish in syns you want to get ones just labelled 'hoisin sauce',

Hoisin is quite strong so I add some light soy to make it a lighter sauce. I think you could make this with cooked chicken maybe or some already cooked prawns but if you use them add them right near the end so they don't overcook.

I served this with some egg noodles which are syn free but remember to use dried not fresh as the fresh ones some have syns.




Hoisin prawns


150g raw king prawns
2 red or yellow peppers (sliced)
1 large onion (sliced)
100g mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp light soy sauce
spray oil




Spray a large wok or large frying pan with the spray oil and over a medium heat stir fry the onions, mushrooms and peppers until just starting to soften.

Add the raw prawns and stir fry them until they turn pink, Add the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is hot (Add a splash or so of water if the sauce seems too thick).

Serves two at 2 syns each.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire