vendredi 4 septembre 2015

Quick keema curry (suitable for slimming world)







 



Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com




This curry is so quick to make you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes as long as it takes to cook the rice to go with it. Its a recipe I have had for a while but again tweaked it a bit to how I like it. Thats the great thing with recipes I see them more as a guideline I usually follow them correctly the first time I make something then when I make it again I sometimes make notes on the recipe like 'more garlic' or 'bit less chili' so you can make meals  to your own taste.

Its not an authentic recipe I used minced beef instead of the minced pork that was in the original recipe as thats just what I had in the freezer. The addition of fresh tomatoes really make a big difference to the flavour too. I use sambal olek chili paste as it adds just the right amount of heat for me but my husband keeps his bottle of jamaican hot pepper sauce handy as he likes it hotter! You can easily add heat after its made but its harder to cool things down once too much spice is in there.



Quick keema curry

1lb extra lean minced beef
2 onions (sliced)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp chili paste (or a chopped fresh chili)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tsp grated fresh ginger  (or use the frozen garlic and ginger paste)
1/2 punnet fresh cherry tomatoes (halved)
spray oil


Spray wok or large frying pan with oil and fry the onions sprinkled with the salt for a few minutes until soft but not browned .

Add the turmeric, chili, minced beef, garlic and ginger and stir fry for a few minutes until meat is browned and cooked through.

Add the tomatoes and then cover and cook on a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Season to taste.

Syn free on slimming world

Enjoy!
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire