vendredi 4 septembre 2015

Leek and potato soup (slimming world friendly)

 



Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/



Another tasty warming soup recipe , I take soup for my lunch in work every day now in a food flask I'm saving money and getting a hot delicious lunch and sticking to the plan so all good : )

This couldnt be easier to make you can see only a few ingredients needed and you can add other veg if you like but I like the simplicity of this.

Leek and potato soup



5 or 6 large floury potatoes (like maris piper)
4 medium-large leeks (washed well)
vegetable stock (made with stock cubes or powder) 
salt and pepper

Chop the leeks into slices and cube the potatoes (I leave the skin on the potatoes but its up to you). Place in a large pan and cover with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.

Turn the heat down and simmer until the potatoes are soft , At this stage you can blend it if you like a smooth soup but I like some texture to it so what I do is get a potato masher and just mash into the soup so some of the potato mashes and thickens the soup and some stays chunky. Season to taste with salt and lots of black pepper.

Syn free on extra easy .....  stay warm and enjoy!
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire