Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/
Spicy sausages like pepperoni are very high in syns as they are usually very high in fat but this recipe makes a very low fat and syn free pepperoni. I love to use pepperoni in recipes and thought could use this sliced on slimming world pizzas or in a pasta sauce or even for snacking I think it's very versatile.
I scoured the web for recipes that would be suitable for slimming world and found this one from 'Tammy's recipes' but altered it to use what we can easily get in the UK and it worked really well. (Thanks Tammy!)
- 2 lbs minced beef (less than 5% fat)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
2. Form meat into two log shapes (about 8 inches long) and put on a grill pan and bake at a very low heat 100/200F/gas 1/4 for four hours and turn them every hour.
3. After cooking they should be fairly dry and firm, Allow meat to cool. Chill and then slice thinly. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage.