lundi 3 août 2015

Cola BBQ sauce





I made this BBQ sauce the other day after thinking about the diet coke chicken I make and how it makes a thick sauce but could be good as a separate sauce.  I thought would need more tomato in it and so played about with the recipe a bit and came up with this.

 I used pepsi max as I prefer it to diet coke. I know it sounds like it would be expensive but I get worcestershire  sauce in home bargains and balsamic in Lidl where its about £1 a bottle. You can use the red, rose or white one the taste is the same don't use expensive balsamic vinegar of modena though it would be a waste.

It's easy to make just put everything in a saucepan and simmer until it's thick. I keep it in the fridge and it stores very well keeps for at least a month but it usually doesn't last that long!


Cola BBQ sauce

  • 500g passata
  • 2 floz worcestershire sauce
  • 2 floz balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp dry mustard powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 can diet pepsi or coke as you prefer.



Put everything in a saucepan and mix very well, Bring to a boil then simmer until tomato sauce consistency.

Syn free

Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire