- 10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
- 1 x Egg
- 1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
- 2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- 2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
- 1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
- 4 x Slices brown bread
- 2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.
Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.
Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.
Like us on Facebook
Share this recipe