Spice up mackerel with this tasty chilli and zesty recipe - perfect for al fresco dinning in the summer, plus it's ready in just 20 minutes
- 1tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 oranges
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 x 150g mackerel fillets (not smoked)
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 110g watercress
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix the black peppercorns, ground coriander and lemon zest together in a bowl. Grate the zest from half an orange and stir into the coriander mixture with half the chopped red chilli.
- Lightly cut the skin of the mackerel and press the mixture onto the fish. Place the mackerel on a grill rack and grill, skin-side up, for 5 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, segment the oranges. First slice the top and bottom off each orange, then cut away the peel and any white pith using a small, sharp knife. Cut down either side of each segment to release it.
- Divide the watercress between four plates and scatter with the orange segments, sliced red onion and remaining chilli. Top with the grilled mackerel and serve immediately.