Slimming World's classic chocolate mousse is a light and creamy pud that doesn't miss out on flavour, only sugar - swapping it for sweetener. The dark chocolate in this recipe makes this mousse rich in flavour. Chill for 4hrs before serving.
for 4hrs before serving.
- 75g dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Fat-free natural fromage frais mixed with sweetener, to garnish
- 1 level tsp each of cocoa powder and chocolate vermicelli, to garnish
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water to melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, but not too dry.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sweetener, orange zest and brandy together then spoon into the melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Fold in the egg whites with a metal spoon until well combined. Divide this mixture between 4 individual ramekins or glasses and chill for around 4 hours or until set.
Recipe taken from Slimming World’s Love Desserts recipe book, available from all Slimming World groups priced £4.95/€7.95. For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit http://www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000. Photo credit: Slimming World’s Love Desserts/Gareth Morgans.